Dangerous Goods Consulting
Between the DOT, the FAA, ICAO and the Department of Defense, there are literally thousands of regulations governing the shipment of dangerous goods. And with the regulations constantly changing, it is hard to keep current with these changes if dangerous goods is not your company’s focus. However, making sure you follow these regulations is critical when ensuring the safety of the public, the environment and those who transport dangerous goods. Incorrectly packing or labeling can lead to hefty fines and even worse, fatalities.
- Expert Knowledge & Experience
- Lower Cost Than Internal Resources
- Short/Long Term Managed Costs
- DG is Not Your Core Business
- Internal Resources Too Focused on Operations
- $1,000…Marking a package as containing hazardous material when it contains no hazardous material
- $1,500…Failure to follow one or more of the three approved formats for listing hazardous materials and non-hazardous materials on a shipping paper
- $12,000…Failure to placard a freight container or vehicle containing hazardous materials
- $30,000 and up…In some cases, offering for transportation a hazardous material packing group 1 without shipping papers, packaging markings, labels and placards (when required)
- Program Reviews and System Audits
- Safety & Security of DG During Storage, Handling and Transportation
- SDS/MSDS Transportation Classification
- Risk Assessments and Mitigation Expertise
- Road Safety (49 CFR)
- DG Policy and Procedures Development
- Conduct Dangerous Goods Event Investigations, Reporting, and Legal Support
- Proper Classification of Customer Materials for Transport
- Manage Baggage Discrepancy Reporting Programs
- Liaison with Competent Authorities for Dangerous Goods-related issues
- Provide Requests for Special Permits or Regulatory Interpretations from PHMSA, FAA etc.
- Support/Development of Customer’s Dangerous Goods Training Programs
Any materials shipped by your company, whether they are hazardous or not, must be properly packed for transport in accordance with the various regulatory requirements. Allow, DGM to help you to identify what materials are hazardous in transportation, and then formulate an action plan to ensure your shipments are properly prepared. The DGM Consulting team, along with our operations team, have over 30 years of experience in the transport of dangerous goods via all modes of transportation, and understand the real world demands in correctly handling hazardous materials.